Connect Installation Instructions with COWS
From the SERVER that you will run the install:
- Logon to the server where the Connect databases are stored.
- Launch Connect as an administrator.
- Right-click on the icon and select Run as administrator.
- Everyone needs to be out of Connect before you perform the update. Follow these instructions to verify everyone is logged out.
- In Connect, go to System Management | Security | View Active Workstations.
- If you see anyone else other than yourself listed, ask them to log out.
- You can click the Refresh license in use button on the toolbar to refresh the list.
- Open Services on the server. To do this, use Windows Search and type "services". Click on Services.
- Find Caselle Connect Online Web Services in the list of services and highlight it.
- Stop the Caselle Connect Online Web Service by clicking on the Stop Service button on the toolbar or by right-clicking on Caselle Connect Online Web Service and selecting Stop.
- In Connect, go to System Management | Installation |Install Program Updates.
- A message will appear notifying you that Connect will close. Click Yes.
- Verify the first option to Update from the Caselle Cloud is selected and that it shows the proper version number is available for install. Click Update.
- When the update process is complete, you will see a message at the bottom that says Update process finished.
- Click Exit.
- Launch Connect.
- A message will appear to update the databases. Click Run database updates for Caselle Connect.
- After updating the databases, verify that the current version number appears at the bottom of the login screen.
- If Connect still says that the programs are out-of-date and need to be updated, please contact Civic support immediately at 888-241-1517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Services window you were using in steps 4-6 above, click on Caselle Connect Online Web Service and click the Start Service button on the toolbar or right click on Caselle Connect Online Web Service and select Start.
If you are utilizing miViewPoint, follow these additional steps
- Login to miViewPoint as a user with administrator rights.
- Go to Administration | Organization.
- Click Force Update Check in the upper right.
- A popup will appear notifying you that a message has been sent to the update server and that miViewPoint will update shortly. This may take several minutes to complete.
- You may logout of miViewPoint. Please give miViewPoint at least 15 minutes to update.
- After 15 minutes, log back in to miViewPoint.
- To verify that the update occurred, move your cursor to the left panel so that the menu slides out. A version number will appear at the bottom of the slide out. Verify that the version number is correct.
Connect Installation Instructions
Connect Instructions From the WORKSTATION that you will run the install: Launch Connect as an administrator. Right-click on the icon and select Run as administrator. Everyone needs to be out of Connect before you perform the update. Follow these ...
Connect Year-End - 2018
It is that time of the year again to perform our year-end procedures. We have accumulated several documents and resources to assist you in your year-end processing. Please utilize the resources listed to the right to assist in stepping through the ...
Install Caselle on a Workstation - Connect
** If you would like to download the instructions, click on the attachment tab located at the top of this article. The client needs to have a mapped drive to the shared Caselle folder on their server. Right Click on the This PC in File Explorer and ...
Update a Workstation Manually - Connect
Open the attached document to view the instructions on how to manually update a machine installed with Caselle Connect.
Connect Quarterly Update - 2022.08
Release Date: August 2022 Version: 2022.08 Install Instructions: Install instructions WITH COWS Install instructions WITOUT COWS All Applications Print Settings Print options section ...