Recording Employee Time to a GL Activity in miTime
To record employee time and wages to a GL Activity in miTime, follow these steps:
First, we need to enable Activities for any departments that will need the ability to record their time to an Activity. Follow these steps:
- In miPayOnline, login as someone with administrator rights and go to Administration | Time Entry Templates.
- Select the Template on the right that needs these rights.
- Click the Show GL Activities checkbox.
- Click on the Caselle Activities tab.
- Check the Activity or Activities that will need to be available for this department under Available Activities. If you do not see the Activity, it is probably because you just added it into your General Ledger and miTime has not had a chance to sync those Activities. To force a sync, follow these steps:
- Go to Administration | Time Tasks.
- Click Update GL Activities on the right.
- Wait a minute or so for the syncing to complete.
- Go back to step 5.
- Click Add Selected.
- Click the Save Template button at the top.
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 for each additional Template.
ENTERING TIME TO AN ACTIVITY
To enter time to a GL Activity, the individual employee will need to follow these steps.
- in miPayOnline, go to Time | Time Entry.
- Add a Task or use one of the Standard Entries that already appears in the data entry grid.
- in the Activity field, click the drop-down and select the appropriate Activity that time should be charged to.
- Repeat steps 2 through 3 for each time entry that should be charged to an Activity.
This time will automatically be downloaded to Payroll as a part of your normal process. In addition, when you update the General Ledger from Payroll, employee wages will be updated to both the GL Account used for that time entry along with the GL Activity.
PLEASE NOTE: The employee's benefits will also be allocated to this GL Activity. For example, if a person spent 20% of their time on this GL Activity, 20% of their benefits will also be recorded to this Activity automatically.
Tracking Expenses Related to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Local health departments stand on the front lines of coping with Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, the Federal Government has recommended that local governments track expenses related to the COVID-19 response for possible future ...
Recording Employee Time to a GL Activity in Payroll
To record employee time and wages to a GL Activity in Payroll, follow these steps: From your Payroll Checklist, click on the step where you enter employee time. This will most likely take you to Payroll | Employees | Enter Payroll Checks. Enter ...
Recording Employee Time in miTime Related to Emergency Sick Leave
To record employee time to a Pay Code setup for the Emergency Paid Leave Act of 2020, we need to make sure we have a Time Task setup and that Activities are enabled. Follow these steps: CREATING A TIME TASK FOR THIS NEW PAY CODE First, we need to ...
Recording Invoices to a GL Activity in AP Workflow
To record expenses to a GL Activity in Accounts Payable Workflow in miViewPoint, the steps that you will follow will depend upon whether you are entering an invoice or approving an invoice. See the appropriate sections below. ADD A GL ACTIVITY TO A ...
Recording Invoices to a GL Activity in Accounts Payable
To record expenses to a GL Activity in Accounts Payable, follow these steps: Open Accounts Payable | Invoices and Payments | Enter Invoices. Enter the information for the invoices on the Invoice tab. On the Details tab, enter the GL Activity after ...