Reporting on a GL Activity
To report on a GL Activity to find out how much and which expenses were coded to an Activity, there are several reports and an inquiry screen that can be used to find out this information.
To quickly view how much has been charged to an Activity, you can use Activity Inquiry. To access Activity Inquiry, follow these steps:
- Go to General Ledger | Activity Inquiry.
- Enter or search for the Activity Number.
- The Period tab will show you how much has been spent and the Detail tab will show you each transaction that has been coded to this Activity. If you are seeing transactions that should not appear here such as CDA or CDP transactions, follow these steps to exclude.
- Click the Options tab at the top.
- Click the Select button next to Journals to exclude.
- Under Available Items, double-click the journals that should be excluded. Journals such as CDA and CDP should be excluded.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Click Save them for the entire organization.
Activity Summary - This report will provide Beginning Balance, Debit Amount, Credit Amount, and Ending Balance for each Activity. To run this report properly, we need to exclude some Journal Codes. Follow these steps.
- Modify the reports dates to match the date range you want to print detail for.
- Double-click on the word Column under the Selection Criteria section.
- Find [Report].[Journal in the list on the left and double-click it. It should now appear under the Selected Selection Criteria Fields column.
- Click OK.
- Double-click All next to [Report].[Journal.
- Enter "CDA" and press Enter.
- Enter "CPD" and press Enter.
- Click OK.
- Click Save on the toolbar.
- Select Save as new report.
- Enter a name for the report.
- click OK.
- Print or Print Preview the report.
Activity Detail Ledger - This report will print all transactions coded to a particular Activity.
Activity Journals - This report will print all transactions coded to any Activity by Journal Code.
Tracking Expenses Related to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Local health departments stand on the front lines of coping with Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, the Federal Government has recommended that local governments track expenses related to the COVID-19 response for possible future ...
Recording Invoices to a GL Activity in AP Workflow
To record expenses to a GL Activity in Accounts Payable Workflow in miViewPoint, the steps that you will follow will depend upon whether you are entering an invoice or approving an invoice. See the appropriate sections below. ADD A GL ACTIVITY TO A ...
Recording Employee Time to a GL Activity in Payroll
To record employee time and wages to a GL Activity in Payroll, follow these steps: From your Payroll Checklist, click on the step where you enter employee time. This will most likely take you to Payroll | Employees | Enter Payroll Checks. Enter ...
Recording Invoices to a GL Activity in Accounts Payable
To record expenses to a GL Activity in Accounts Payable, follow these steps: Open Accounts Payable | Invoices and Payments | Enter Invoices. Enter the information for the invoices on the Invoice tab. On the Details tab, enter the GL Activity after ...
Recording Employee Time to a GL Activity in miTime
To record employee time and wages to a GL Activity in miTime, follow these steps: ENABLING ACTIVITIES First, we need to enable Activities for any departments that will need the ability to record their time to an Activity. Follow these steps: ...